Benefits of Trademark Registration include:
- Exclusive rights across Canada for 10 years
- Business asset - increase the market value of your business
- Proof of ownership that you own the brand
- Deter infringers and others from copying your brand
- Sell or license your IP to earn money
- Helps to secure funding/financing
- Greater enforcement options for protecting your brand
Canadian government filing fees:
- $336.60 first category of product or service
- $102 for each additional category of product or service (if applicable)
Extra fees will apply during trademark registration process if the following items occur:
- Responding to complex Examiner objections (for example, distinctiveness, descriptiveness and confusion with another mark)
- 3rd party objections
Jennifer Sander BASc, JD
All trademark searches and trademark applications are prepared by Jennifer Sander, a licensed Lawyer (LSO) and registered Canadian Trademark Agent with over 10 years of experience in Intellectual Property Law.
How do I get started?
Please fill out the form below. Once completed we will schedule a call to discuss your trademark and next steps.