About Jennifer Sander BASc, JD
With over 8 years of experience in Intellectual Property (IP), I am a licensed Lawyer (LSO), a registered Canadian Trademark Agent, and a registered Canadian Patent Agent. Prior to founding Sander Law, I worked as an IP Lawyer with an international law firm and with a downtown Toronto IP boutique, and as a Patent Examiner with CIPO. For my full bio, please see About.
Freelance IP Services
I provide on-demand IP services to law firms of all sizes & in-house legal departments. Services may be provided on an hourly, project or contract basis. My services include:
- Patentability Opinions
- Validity & Infringement Opinions
- Drafting & Filing of Patent Applications
- Responding to Examiner's Report (CIPO Office Actions)
IP Legal Writing
- IP Legal Research & Memoranda
- Legal Content Marketing (e.g. blog posts, newsletters, case summaries)
- IP Audit - Review & identify the IP in your business
- IP Strategy - Analysis of IP and strategy for IP protection (e.g. Trademark, Patent, Design filings), licensing & enforcement
- IP Portfolio Management - Maintain & manage all of your business's IP filings; Prepare & register your new IP
- IP Training - Teach your organization about the types of IP, identifying IP in your business, and actionable steps to protect your IP
- Trademark Registerability & Clearance Opinions
- Trademark Application Filing
- Responding to Examiner's Reports (CIPO Office Actions)
- Trademark Enforcement (Cease & Desist letters)
- Trademark Co-existence Agreements
- Trademark Opposition & Expungement Proceedings
Why hire a Freelance IP Lawyer?
Experience: I have over 8 years of IP legal experience as a licensed lawyer (LSO, Lawpro) & have previously worked for an International law firm & an IP Boutique firm. I am also a registered Canadian Trademark Agent & a registered Canadian Patent Agent.
Flexibility: I am available on a flexible basis (part-time, hourly, project, contract) when you need IP services. I can assist with your overflow work, on a special project/file, or if your organization needs an IP lawyer but only on an occasional basis.
Cost: Hiring a freelance IP lawyer is cost-effective as you only pay for the services of an IP lawyer when you need it. Fees may be charged on an hourly or flat rate/project basis, depending on your needs